Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dreamweaver CS5.5 The Missing Manual


I've never been much of an internet website designer. Oh, I've designed my share of FrontPage and Word based sites. In fact, my review site was created in Word. I've a blog and I can fake my way through talking about most web jargon.


I've attempted to start working in Dreamweaver but because of lack of time or difficulty understanding some of its idiosyncrasies I've never created a site using it. I really need to learn it; it's just that the opportunity or proper teaching technique have never been available-until now.


O'Reilly Media, Inc. and author David Sawyer McFarland looks to have solved my dilemma. Their new book: Dreamweaver CS5.5 The Missing Manual, breaks down Dreamweaver into simple to understand terms without all the techno-babble jargon and often confusing geek talk.


Most books on Dreamweaver (or any program for that matter) are written primarily by the people who designed them. Which is fine. But most of us don't speak geek and tend to think things through creatively instead of logically. I know I do.


I want to understand a program enough to let my imagination take hold and create-not flip through pages filled with techno-babble and hard to understand instructions.


This book is the book that should have been in the Dreamweaver program box. It guides you through designing a simple website and helps you build you skills as you progress. In other words, it feeds you milk at first and then meat as you mature in the program's use.


Learn how to use pre-programmed JavaScript, tap into databases, build websites for not only computers but smartphones and tablets as well and discover hidden tips and tricks.


The book is organized in such a fashion that it makes understanding Dreamweaver a joy instead of a job. It's time to weave a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment