Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rick Steve’s Ireland, England And Great Britain



I am a huge fan of PBS’s travel shows and by far my favorite of them all is Rick Steve’s Europe.
I’ve been watching Rick Steve’s Europe episodes for years and I enjoy each and every excursion.

Rick has the uncanny ability to make traveling in Europe not only a visual treat with the many locations he visits, but educational and informative as well.

His meticulous, to-the-point and insightful commentaries both on and off the camera draw viewers in.  You feel comfortable around Rick.  He takes the time to talk about each location he visits without making it overly ponderous-like a lecture or presentation.

My ancestry dates back to Scotland/Ireland.  I’ve always wanted to visit the British Isles and after watching Rick Steve’s about the British Isles I want to go even more.

My son and his wife have visited there twice (once on their honeymoon and again on their first anniversary) and they really enjoyed both visits.

I may never have the chance to go but I at least I have copies of Rick Steve’s travel books on Ireland, England and Great Britain for 2013 from Avalon Travel: part of Perseus Books Group.
Each book explains in exhaustive detail about each travel destination.

Look for tons of travel tips, money-saving recommendations for tours, hotels, eateries and so forth, lots of history and descriptions, maps, street guides, and much more.  I especially enjoy looking at the full-color photo section at the beginning of each book, the historical text about each location and especially the full-size color map tipped in the back of each tour destination guide.

If you love travel, if you have an urge to visit England, Great Britain or Ireland what better way to start by acquainting yourself with each destination, their customs, currency, hotels, restaurants and society than doing your homework courtesy o f Rick Steve’s guides?  They’re fun to look at and read and with Steve’s wit and talent for turning a phrase you’ll enjoy each volume.