Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It's Time

It had to happen eventually.  After decades of collecting and reviewing the time has come that I start selling off my massive collection of toys, comic books and all the other items I've accumulated over the years.  It's a lot-a LOT!

My wife and I are now in our 60s and as much as I hate to admit we're not getting any younger.
It's time to clean house-literally!

Next year I retire and my wife and I wish to travel and enjoy our Golden Years.  Lately we've been getting rid of most of the clutter in our house.  We've chosen to simplify our lives as much as possible and all my collectibles are taking up too much space and time.

Don't get me wrong I still love comic books, toys, etc. But as much as I enjoy them it's comes down to a simple fact-I won't be around forever.

So I, we, decided to pass on my collection to others so they can enjoy the things that have brought so much joy to my life.

It's going to take awhile, but if all goes as planned, within the next year I will sell off most of my collection.  I plan on keeping a few comic books-perhaps a short box, stop buying any new ones, trim down my toy collection to a few figures (my daughter has dibs on some of her favorites) and sell off the lion's share of my other collectibles: models, books, trading cards, etc.

I'm determined that each and every item gets a good home.  Eventually I'll be gone and nothing more than a memory.  But, what items I leave behind from my collection are sure to bring enjoyment to others years after I'm gone.

Wish me luck.