Friday, June 13, 2014

Lawnmower and London Underground



Hayes has just released two new manuals that have proven to be very timely to me.
 
Haynes' practical guide to choosing, using and maintaining a lawnmower Lawnmower Manual is a blessing.  Here's why.

My old lawnmower is just about ready to give up the ghost.  It sputters, stalls, chugs, coughs, belches smoke and the rear left wheel is just about to fall off because the mower's frame is rusted and corroded.

Sounds like it's time for a new mower and with all the new options out there I'm not sure which brand or type to buy.

Along comes Haynes Lawnmower Manual by Brian Radam with its myriad tips on what to look for and how to maintain a lawnmower with specs, photos and diagrams.  I'm thrilled!

Coincidentally my neighbor (a nice lady named Francis) recently had her lawnmower 'die'.  
  
Yesterday she put the lawnmower out on the curb to be picked up with the trash.  I decided to take a look at it and lo and behold (with a little help from Haynes) I got it working again-she'll be thrilled when she gets back from vacation!  Thanks Haynes. 

The last couple of years my son and his wife have traveled to London.  They love the city and inundate me and my wife with tales of the city and specifically the London Underground mass transit system.

One day we plan on traveling to the British Isles with London being one of our primary stops.  I've always been a little wary of mass transit.  Couple with it being in another country and my hesitation heightens.

I like to know what to expect and to be prepared.

One again, thanks to Haynes and its London Underground Owner's Workshop Manual, I not only get to see (via photos) the various branches of the Underground but also I get to learn the history of the line from 1863 onward.

The more I look at the book, the more I like what I see.  Full color photos, informative text, diagrams, location shots and more make me feel as if I've ridden the Underground for years.  I'm excited about the prospect of visiting London and riding the Underground.  I understand the natives even speak English!