Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Big 'Thank You'

Recently a good friend of mine traded and sold me an impressive selection of Silver and Bronze Age comic books.

My friend stopped purchasing comic books going on five years ago and what comic books he does have he has stored them away in his 'man cave' and in a storage unit outside.

I called him up the other day wanting to trade some of my recent comic books (I stopped buying them in June) for some of his older comic books.  I wanted something to read and wasn't particularly interested in 'hot' titles as I was in something new to read.

Packing up a short box of comic books I went to my friend's house and after several hours of sorting through his comic books, I picked out the equivalent amount of books and came home and enjoyed reading them over the next several days

While at my friend's home I noticed his 'man cave' was in a state of disarray.

I called him up, after I indulged my comic book reading addiction, and offered to come over and clean up his room as my friend and his wife have not been in the best of health recently.

While on the phone my friend told me he and his wife decided to sell me as many comic books I wanted at an unbelievably low price.

Asking his why he would do such a thing he replied, "I'd rather they would go to someone who will take care of the books and besides I'm no longer interested in comic books and don't want to take the time to sell them off.

Needless to say I was thrilled.

I went over to his house and came back with another batch of books.
Here's a partial list of the books I traded or purchased.  The majority are Silver and Bronze Age.

Avengers, Fantastic Four, Luke Cage, Legion of Super Heroes, Superboy, Wonder Woman, 
X-Factor, Captain America, Machine Man, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Daredevil, Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Two-In-One, Dazzler, Defenders, Batman, Detective, Superman, Action, Secret Origins, Howard The Duke, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Man, Atlas titles, E-Man, Black Panther, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Green Lantern and much more.

A big 'thank you' to my friend and his wife.  I promise I'll enjoy reading each and every issue and will make sure they are well taken care of.