Monday, June 20, 2016

The Worst Time Of The Year

I despise Summer!  Don't get me wrong, I love the weather, the time off and the chance to travel.

But, I hate it when it comes to writing reviews.

Why?  Do you ask.

Simple.

During the Summer there are a plethora of conventions: come books, toys, games and various other popular culture meetings.

What's wrong with that?

The problem is that nearly all the publishers, manufactures and studios are busy going out and about promoting their wares, hand-shaking and generally tying up their time pushing their various products or services.

That's a good thing-right? 

Yes, I suppose it is.

Except, I'm left out in the cold because everyone is so busy they seldom have time to mail out product samples for me to review.

Don't get me wrong. 

Companies should promote themselves and trade shows and conventions are the best way to meet one-on-one with consumers and business contacts.

But, it tends to put a kibosh on how many items I can review-very few.

So, I'll bide my time, try to be patient, check the mail and UPS and Fed Ex deliveries and somehow get through this lull.

I can hardly wait for Fall.