Thursday, December 22, 2016

Decisions


I’ve heard the word ‘epiphany’ used in various conversations over the years.  Up until now I wasn’t really sure what it meant.

This is what I interpret it as meaning: a sudden realization that has life-changing consequences.

I believe I’ve discovered my own epiphany.

It goes like this. For my entire life I’ve been struggling to discover what my gift or muse is.

For years I dabbled in drawing and art only to discover that while I am very proficient at it, I don’t possess the inner fire, or drive, to apply myself completely to art.  Although I made a successful career in graphic design, drawing and even teaching drawing and Commercial Art, my heart was really never in it.  It was a job.

I’ve written a number of stories-some unique and quite good but again the fire was not there.

For about a week I’ve been getting subtle hints from God as to what my gift is.  From reading the Bible, conversations overheard from other Christians to messages seen on the TV-all of which mention discovering spiritual or personal gifts.

My gift or talent has been staring me in my face for decades.  It’s quite simple really.

I love writing reviews.  I enjoy talking about collectibles such as toys, comic books and the like.  I get a big thrill when the latest review object sows up vial the mail, UPS, Fed-Ex and DHL.

There’s nothing more satisfying to me that getting a confirmation from a publisher or manufacturer when they notify me that review objects are on the way.

Here’s what it all boils down to.  With God’s grace and help I hope to intensify and expand my reviews.  I pray that more material shows up on my doorstep and that my review writing capability improves.

It's so simple and yet so profound.  My only question is, “Why did it take me so long to realize it?”  “Go figure!”