Friday, March 30, 2018

STEM Starter Kit


I can remember it like it was yesterday. 


It was Christmas 1963.  I was 10 years old. 



Dallas, my second oldest half-brother and his wife Marge invited me over to their in-laws for Christmas.



To my surprise they had 10, count them 10, shopping bags full of presents for me!



There was an assortment of cloths and toys but…the best gift of all was a real, working microscope.  I was thrilled.



That afternoon I took it home and began examining all sorts of things through its triple-strength lens: grass, hair, and insects-it was great.



I still love microscopes but I got rid of my childhood gift long ago.



My First Lab has come to my rescue!



Its STEM Starter Kit for any Smartphone or tablet is amazing!



Simply clip on the Starter Kit to a Smartphone or tablet camera lens and the special adaptive electronic device instantly turns them into a 60X microscope!



You can even take pictures or videos!



Really, no kidding!  It’s amazing!



Here’s what you get: a microscope lens with clip, 15 specimens, a forensic light, a LED light and a slide carrying case.



You have to see it to believe it!  Isn’t technology grand?



Now you can take your microscope anywhere and viola!—you’re an instant biologist, forensic scientist or microscopic examiner.