Friday, July 20, 2018

Baseball Guys Red VS White



One of my fondest memories from when I was a young boy was watching the Detroit Tigers baseball team play.  
 
Several times I was fortunate enough to attend one of their games.  I was there when Denny McClain made a name for himself.

I loved watching the game.  There was something fascinating and inspiring about watching baseball players running, hitting the ball and catching the ball-the entire experience was thrilling.

Like most young boys in the mid-1960s I was obsessed with baseball.  My friends and I played it as often as possible and enjoyed each and every moment.

While the baseball I knew as a kid is long gone, the sport still remains and is still America’s sport. 

Baseball, unlike football and the other contact sports, is a game of skill, strategy and above all else-sportsmanship.  

Oh sure, names and faces change, new rules are introduced and few (very few) of the players aren’t exactly shining examples to our young, but the spirit of the game lives on.

I haven’t watched or played baseball much since my younger days.  Occasionally I might catch part of a game.  
  
But when I do I still feel the excitement of the play, thrill to the slap of leather as the ball hits a mitt or the crack of a bat as the batter knocks it out of the park.

That’s why I’m so excited about Kaskey Kids’ Baseball Guys Red VS White toy play set.

Forget those fancy electronic baseball games and over-priced ‘collectible’ baseball toy figures.

Baseball Guys is as basic and down-home as baseball itself.


Kids can look forward to a full set of two teams of baseball figures: two batters, six base runners, fourteen fielders, two pitchers, two catchers and an umpire. All stand around two inches each.

All are made of sturdy plastic posed in their designated positions.  They are nicely crafted with great detail and come with painted uniforms. Each figure comes in a protective plastic bag.

Included in the set is a stand-up, adjustable scoreboard that actually works!  Spin the dials and you get the Home score, Away score and Inning!  Now that’s authentic!


Also included with play set is a 26 inch by 26 inch, felt baseball diamond and outfield.  

Place the figures on the field and you’re ready to play.

Put the fun, excitement and imagination back into baseball with this wonderful set that comes packaged in a heavy-duty, flip-top, plastic box with handle.

All-in-all kids get 30 pieces of baseball goodness that is guaranteed to bring back memories to old curmudgeons like myself and the new generation of baseball fans.

A handy baseball rule book is included. Make up your own games or visit Kaskey Kids’ website for game play suggestions.

Batter up!  It’s time to play some baseball!