Saturday, August 4, 2018

Dreams


Everyone has dreams.  Some people dream to be wealthy and powerful.  Others dream about fame.  Big or small, dreams or hopes give us all a reason to live, strive and accomplish.
 
I have a few dreams-some small, some large.

All of them involve pleasing God and being the person he wishes me to be.  God is big and nothing is impossible for him.  There are no limits to God’s power.

Sometimes I forget that.  My little mind has a difficult time comprehending God’s capabilities.

I love life-but sometimes life in this world can be taxing, disappointing, challenging and (let’s face it) downright boring.

But life is more than the here and now.  Humans are immortal beings.  We are meant to live forever, starting here on Earth.  Where we spend eternity after we die is a choice we all make.  Heaven or Hell-we decide: ask God to save us or reject his free gift.  It’s that simple.

Back to my dreams.

I love comic books and toys-specifically old comic books and toys.  I have a respectable collection of old comic books-not so much old toys.

My dream is to have a HUGE collection of Silver and Bronze Age comic books and to retrieve some of the toys I loved so much as a kid.

My next dream is a little more auspicious.  I want to see my character and literary creations in print.

My creations include a comic book superhero group, a kids’ book, a comic strip and a single panel gag cartoon.  I won’t go into specifics, but I will give you a sneak peek.





My biggest dream is to be a super-dad, a loving husband and a great grandpa.  I’m getting there-it ain’t easy!  

With God’s help and guidance I hope to achieve all my dreams-but as with all things-God is in charge and I’m OK with that.