Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Enough Is Enough!


I finally decided to do something drastic.
 
For years I have received emails about upcoming products from different publishers and manufacturers.

It’s nice to know what’s coming up.

What’s not nice is when companies continually send me press releases and expect me to promote their product in my Blog and Facebook and not provide review samples.

Come on guys!  That’s like asking a food tester to tell you what food tastes like from photos!  It’s not possible.

Soooooo…I’ve decided that if companies refuse to send review samples I will simple unsubscribe myself from their press release lists.

It has to be a two-way street.  I refuse to promote someone’s product and give away free advertising without being compensated—send review samples.

Is that too much to ask?

Now I understand that some products are far too expensive to send out to every Tom. Dick and Harry to review.

But, Boyce McClain’s Collectors’ Corner has been around in print and the on the internet for 26 YEARS!

You would think I would get a little respect and cooperation.  

Why is that that websites that claim to get HUGE numbers (and have only been in existence for less than a year), (and that includes YouTube channels) get review samples and I do not?

Anyone with just a smidgen of computer savvy knows that website traffic numbers can be faked.

There is NO WAY a neophyte website, blog or YouTube channel can generate the type of traffic some of them claim to have in so short amount of time.

The bottom line is, if you’re a publisher or manufacturer and want me to review your stuff-GIVE ME SOME SAMPLES so I can.  It’s that simple.