Monday, October 22, 2018

And Now I Wait



If you’ve been following my blog commentaries over the past several months I’m sure you’ve detected a bit of frustration on my part.
 
I ranted on about the unfairness of not getting the review samples I requested and being passed over by other blogs, web pages and YouTube sites that have far less years of publication under their belts.

Try as I might I couldn’t crack the review sample nut.  I sent, resent and re-resent e-mails requesting items, made phone calls and off course-ranted.  Nothing worked.

And then it struck me.  As a Christian I am instructed by God to wait on His plan, His timing and His direction.  The Bible repeatedly states to be anxious for nothing and to live for today, forget the past and don’t worry about tomorrow-no one has a guarantee that tomorrow will ever come.  Today has its own set of problems and rewards.

So here I am.  I’ve decided to ditch worrying and trust God.

If He wants me to continue writing reviews, that is His decision.  He will provide the review samples, make the proper connections, influence those in positions of authority to make things happen and direct me in the path He wishes me to follow.

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to make this decision.  After years of seeing others trust God with their lives and watching as He worked in their lives and did remarkable and miraculous things, the light finally went on in my brain.

I have seen so many people surrender their dreams to God, only to have God bless them with new goals, new accomplishments and in many cases blessing them abundantly in the area they gave up on.

I don’t know what God has in mind and that’s OK.  I’m excited to see what’s in store.  I know God has only the best in store for my life and that he promised never to leave me or forsake me.

With God on my side, who can stand against me?

It’s so comforting to let go. To release all those things I held so dear: status, notoriety, material wealth and prosperity: things that meant so much to me when I was younger now seem so foolish and trivial.

What of wealth-when I die I can’t take it with me and everything I own will be left to someone else. My youth and health-both are like vapor, quickly blown away and scattered.

God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, great kids, a rambunctious grandson, a nice home, food to eat, clothes to wear, mobility, a comfortable car, health, good friends, a great family, wonderful memories, lots of extra ‘goodies’ to enjoy, a clear mind, fully functional senses, most of my hair and teeth, a super church and church family, nice weather and so much more-so much more I could not possibly list everything.

He keeps my family and I safe, blesses me every day, guarantees that heaven will be my eternal home and best of all-he loves me, cherishes me, listens patiently to my prayers and calls me his child.   

What a great Father. What more could anyone ask for? 

Note: No sooner did I finish this article that a Fed-Ex truck pulled up with a review item!  Talk about God's timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment