Monday, February 11, 2019

Retirement Manual

I never thought this day would arrive. It seemed so far away. After all, I'm a young man.  Or, I WAS a young man.

I just turned 66 years old.  I retired at 62.  Got my first Social Security check at 63 and my Medicare benefits at 65.

It was inevitable-I’m an old man!  Does that mean I have to grow up?  I hope not!

As a retiree it is important that I know all the benefits, do’s and don'ts and advice needed to deal with my latter years.

Author Stuart Turner and Haynes Publishing have got my back with their new book: Retirement Manual Mid-life Onwards: A no-nonsense guide to a happy and healthy future.

Don’t tell anyone but I’m really looking forward to reading this book and gleaning what information I can from it.  Shhhh-no one is supposed to know I’m RETIRED!

All joking aside, this is an amazing book.  Everything a senior citizen could ever want to know about retirement is included in this book-no kidding!

Health and wealth advice, vacation and activity suggestions, insurance and final preparations, safety and financial security, activities and family, discounts and continuing education are included in this book-the list goes on and on.

Even better, it’s fun to read, chuckle at a few cartoons and there’s even a list of other resources available for the elderly.

Growing old doesn’t have to be scary, boring or sedentary.  In fact, with the help of this book seniors can discover new ways to have fun, enjoy life and family and come to the realization that retirement is not the end of life-but a bold new step toward adventure waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment