Monday, May 6, 2019

Bonanza The Ninth Season

Sunday nights.  It was the late 1960s and my Mom and I had settled into our respective living room chairs, turned on the TV to the NBC Network and leaned back to watch our favorite TV Western: Bonanza.

It was one of the few TV shows that my Mom and I liked to watch together.

Mom (although she would not admit to it) had a crush on Ben Cartwright, the patriarch of the Cartwright clan.

My favorite was Hoss, the big lovable bull of a man: brother to Little Joe and Adam.

I was a big kid and identified with him.

There was something comforting about a tightly bound family (albeit all men) that satisfied my need for a father figure, or figures.

Mom and I watched the show from its first episode in 1959 to its last show 14 years later.

CBS/Paramount present The Official Ninth Season of Bonanza Volumes 1 & 2.

The special, digitally restored twin, first time on DVD collections feature every episode of series Ninth Season.

Celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Bonanza with Ben, Hoss, Little Joe and Candy (taking the place of Adam) as they tend to the Cartwright’s Ponderosa ranch, ward off bad guys, Indians, con artists, crooks and other Wild West dangers and threats.

Along the way some hilarious and funny episodes are included.

DVD extras include behind-the-scenes goodies, Promotion clips, commentaries, photos and so much more.

It’s a veritable ’Bonanza” of Ponderosa fun and features.

No comments:

Post a Comment