Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Research, Research, and Research!

I’m often asked, “How do you know so much about comic book history?”

The answer is simple--I do my homework.
Besides a huge collection of comic books I also have an extensive library of books, magazines and periodicals about comic books that took me years to collect.

I’m constantly on the lookout for research material (both old and new) wherever I go.

I am fascinated not just by the books themselves: the art and stories, the history behind each title and publishing company but especially about the people who produced comic books over the decades.

While I like much of the new comic books being produced my love are books produced during the Silver and Bronze Ages, with a little Golden Age thrown in for good measure.

I’ve included a few photos of only a fraction of the research material I’ve accumulated.  What are not shown are the file cabinets full of comic book related material and comic books and periodicals produced by the comic book publishers themselves.

As with anything you may have a passion for my passion for comic books requires research, lots of reading and a willingness to learn.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment