Friday, August 30, 2019

Hurricane--Trust God


Because of our human nature to want to be in charge of all things it's difficult to trust God and his plans.


I know I struggle with letting go-I'm a very regimented and want everything to be under my control.

In my 66 years I've painfully come to the conclusion that nothing is really under my control.  Oh, I may make my plans, figure out a strategy and occasional have the results turn out the way I want-but not always-in fact, for most of the time.

My wife and I live in northeast Florida, along the coast.

Hurricane Dorian looks to be set to hit central Florida and possibly follow the east coast or mid-state up to our area with category one hurricane force.

The result is sure to be flooding in certain areas, power outages and some damage.

Fortunately we live inland on a high area, meaning we will have little if no flooding.

The winds are another matter.  We could see come property damage.

Am I worried.  I try not to be.  I figure if God created the entire universe that he has the hurricane under control.

My wife and I have prayed for safety not only for ourselves but our family, friends and all the residents of Florida.

Regardless of the outcome, God is in control.

Another truth I've learned in my Christian life is when things seem to be going haywire and look bad, God always manages to bring some good out of any situation.

Of course, at the time the incident happens it does not seem that way.  I've seen so many positive things come out of difficult and bad situations that it boggles the mind.

Can I stop a hurricane?  Do I control the weather or anything else for that matter?

Let's be honest, despite whatever temporary cosmetic changes I make to myself or to my surroundings, in the long run things a re totally out of my control.

Trust God, place your life in his hands.  He's never let me or my family down no matter how bleak things may appear.

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior I encourage you to consider his free gift of salvation. 

It's simple: admit you are a sinner and ask God to forgive you. No matter how many good deeds you do they will never be enough to to save you and get you to Heaven.  Salvation is by grace, not by works, so man can boast.

God does all the work and he will forgive you.  Your eternal rest in Heaven is guaranteed-no one can take it away-ever.  You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment