Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Tolkien

When I was about 18 years old I sat down and read The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.  I was so enamored by the book that I went out and purchased the entire Trilogy Of The Rings and in one sitting read them all the way through.

I read for two solid days, only taking breaks to eat, relieve myself and briefly take a nap.

Needless to say I was totally exhausted mentally and physically after my marathon reading sessions.

When the movies came out I devoured them.  One would think I am a Tolkien fan and you would be right.

As much as I love Tolkien’s literary work I know very little about the man himself.

Thankfully 20th Century Fox--Disney has partially remedied that situation with the release of their Tolkien film in its Blu-ray//DVD/Digital Code Combo Pack.

Nicholas Hoult stars as the author at a young age and turns in an outstanding performance.

The film explores Tolkien's younger life, his loves and his unusual relationship with other writers with similar and contrasting views other than his own.

When World War I threatens to shatter and tear apart their lifelong friendships Tolkien’s life takes a radical turn as he copes with the war, his relationships and his passion for writing-much influences by his experiences

The film is a fascinating examination of the author at a young age and the struggles and triumphs he experiences that help mold him into the world renown author who is loved by millions.

The film is a masterpiece of cinematic portrayal of a time long past with expertly recreated locations, costumes and the turn of the century society Tolkien lived in.

Included on the Combo Pack are several extras including a commentary, deleted scenes, a first look and a gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment