Monday, August 26, 2019

What Now?

Over the last couple of years I’ve watched review samples sent from publishers and manufacturers dwindle in number.

The reasons are numerous: cost of products, cut-back on review samples available, increasing emphasis on HUGE blog or website traffic requirements, revolving door personnel hiring and firing, the decline of readership as opposed to video reviews, favoritism and so forth.

Knowing the facts doesn’t solve my problem--I need more review material to arrive--a more varied selection of review material.

I’ve done the usual: sent out emails, made phone calls, pleaded, prayed and offered to provide free ad space--nothing is working.  I even added a Facebook page, a Twitter site and a Linked-In site to bring in more traffic.

So...if anyone who is out there who is employed by publishers or toy, diecast, model kit, trading card and the like manufacturers that want your merchandise reviewed-send samples.

I cannot review items from press releases or photos.

Boyce McClain's Collectors’ Corner has been around since 1992-I tend to believe I know what I am doing when it comes to writing reviews.  I’ve written thousands of them!

Any help would be appreciated.

A BIG thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment