Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A Few Changes

I’ve decided to implement a few changes to my blog.

Since I can’t count on review samples arriving on a consistent schedule I’m forced to take a different approach.

Honestly I’m tired of sitting around waiting for companies to send product samples.  Too often companies will promise items and either nothing arrives or it takes an inordinate amount of time to get samples.

I try to post reviews at least every two days and with such an inconsistent review samples schedule I need to improvise.

Over the past several years publishers, toy companies and other product manufacturers have cutback on their review samples.

Either they have stopped sending out samples altogether, converted to PDFs reading copies, provide only press release information or give preference to ‘mega’ sites or publications.

I love writing reviews and I believe I'm pretty good at it.

I can’t wait for sporadic items to arrive for review nor will I review PDFs, write reviews from gleaned promotional material or depend on individual companies or individuals that promise the moon and do not deliver.

Therefore as items come in I will review them.  In the interim I will write retro reviews of comic books, toys and the like from my existing collection.  I’ll also drop in a few commentaries now and then.

I hold no animosity toward any publisher, manufacturer or individual.  It is what it is.  Times have changed and I need to change with them.

I would love to provide new product reviews each day but that has become impossible.  The cards have been dealt and I have to work with the hand I’ve been given.

If you are reading this and you represent a publisher or manufacturer I still value your review samples and appreciate what you can provide.

I will continue to write articles for Collectors’ Corner as long as I am able and I hope my readers will stick around and continue to support my efforts.

As always, my most sincere gratitude for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment