Monday, October 8, 2018

Dance Like Everybody’s Watching!


Back in junior high and high school the cool kids knew how to dance.  I was not cool.  I couldn’t dance.  In fact, I was so clumsy I would trip over my own shadow.
 
I can identify with Jeremy the star of the Zits comic strip by Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman.

Dance Like Everybody’s Watching (the latest Zits collection of daily and Sunday comic strips) from Andrews McMeel Publishing, continues the teenage adventures of Jeremy and his odd assortment of friends and totally confused parents.

This time around Jeremy contends with hot flashes, school closings, pizza, his dad’s singing, farms, long-range plans, finals, leftovers and all sorts of everyday ups and downs as seen through the eyes of a teenager.

As a parent of two I remember my wife and I being in a constant stage of bewilderment as our kids went through their teenage years.

Zit captures the impulsiveness, absurdity, confusion and exciting time of being a teenager.

Every teenager and parent of a teenager can identify with the plight of Jeremy and his parents.