Monday, December 23, 2019

The M.A.S.H Trivia Quiz Book

There are two classic TV shows that are my favorites.  One is Magnum P.I. (the one with Tom Selleck, not his modern imposter) and M.A.S.H.

Coincidentally both shows aired on CBS.

In 1972 CBS televised the very first episode of M.A.S.H on TV.  For it’s first season the ratings were mediocre, until people began watching it when the other shows they watched began repeats.

Then something remarkable happened.  The ratings for the show began to climb and after just a few short years M.A.S.H was on top in the ratings.

At first M.A.S.H emulated the movie on which it was based.  It was rowdy, irreverent and (let’s face it) somewhat chauvinistic.

That changed when the show began to introduce tragedy, death, social issues and real life struggles in its episodes.

When it killed off one of its main characters in Season 3 TV viewers were shocked at first.  The show’s producers were not sure how audiences would react. 

They needed have been concerned because the show skyrocketed in the ratings and stayed on the top its whole 11 years on TV.

I consider myself somewhat of a M.A.S.H expert.  I thought I had all the trivia and show stats down pat.  Guess again!

After reading Christopher & Ryan Derose’s The M.A.S.H Trivia Quiz Book I stand corrected and humbled.

The book, published BearManor Media, is chock full of clever trivia questions broken down by seasons and episodes.  For that I am grateful because it makes answering questions a little bit easier.

If you are as big a fan of M.A.S.H as I am this book makes a wonderful addition to your M.A.S.H library and a great way to play trivia pursuit when friends and family come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment