Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Band On The Run

I’m a huge Beatles fan. I grew up on their music and like every other Beatles fan I was devastated when they broke up in 1969. Fortunately each member of the band was a talented musician in their own right and each continued to release solo albums.


The most prolific album creator was ex-Beatle member Paul McCartney. In fact, he still turns out albums on a fairly frequent basis. His style has evolved with the times. What’s amazing is that he still turns out hits, contemporary hits, in his late 60s!


After the Beatles break up Paul released several solo albums but it wasn’t until he, along with his new band Wings, released Band On The Run in 1973 that he kicked his solo career into high gear.


Band On The Run is a classic album. Many of its songs are still popular today and a whole new generation of music lovers has rediscovered the pulse-pounding beats, quiet reflective tunes and impressive musical arrangements that made the album such a huge success. It’s one of my all-time favorite albums. I still listen to it on my I-pod when I go out walking or jogging. My favorite tunes are the title track, Jet and Helen Wheels.


Concord Music Group is proud to present a brand new re-mastered version of the popular Band On The Run album that includes not only the full song selection but a very special DVD containing rare music videos of many of the songs and a visual chronicle of Paul performing and taking part in the historic cover photo shoot for the album. A special photo insert is also included.


It’s a very special nostalgic trip back to a high-energy period when McCartney was at his best and the music world was better off for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment