Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Navigator’s Notebook

It’s always fascinated me that sailors and other nautical types are able to navigate across vast expanses of water.

I’ll be the first to admit I’m lousy with numbers and charts.

How nautical navigators are able to chart their course by the stars, longitude and latitude, earth’s rotation and the like is far above my capability to understand.

I don’t know how they do it, but I’m glad they can.

Where would the world be without navigation?  

In Navigator’s Notebook A Workbook For Marine Navigation instructor Professor Anthony Palmiotti provides many of the charts, handouts and important information he provides for his students in Navigation.

Schiffer Publishing/Cornell Maritime Press has compiled all of the Professors teaching instruction into the Navigator’s Notebook.

Areas covered extensively include Terrestrial Navigation, compasses and compass error, tides and tidal currents, sailings, common calculations in celestial navigation and sight reductions.

All provide formulas, examples, calculations and charts.

Proverbs 4:23 (NIV) “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment