Sunday, January 22, 2023

Adobe Illustrator Classroom In A Book

You would think as an illustrator and graphic designer I would be more adept at Adobe’s Illustrator program. The truth is-I’m not. My designing program of choice is Adobe Photoshop.

However Adobe Illustrator has some advantages over and capabilities Photoshop does not offer. I especially like that Illustrator lines are vector-meaning that whenever you design an illustration, logo, etc., it always scales up without fuzzy lines.

I admit it, Illustrator has always given me a problem. To me at least it is more difficult than Photoshop. Using Peachpit Press’s Adobe Illustrator Classroom In A Book I hope to change all that.

Author Brian Wood provides official training in a workbook from Adobe.

I haven’t been so excited about trying software in a long time.

By the looks of it the book it is a great visual guide broken down into 17 lessons that explain the how and how to of the program starting with the basics.

There’s lots of tips and techniques included along with downloadable lesson plans, a web edition with videos and extras and more.

It’s so easy to follow even an old codger like myself has no problem following along.

The large softbound book contains lots of screen shots with projects in the process of being worked on.

The text is clear, concise and to the point.

It’s an extremely well designed book with uncrowded pages making it easy to read, with little chance of losing your place and nicely designed, especially for visual persons such as myself.

With any luck I’ll have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator in my possession soon. I can’t wait to get started,

In the meantime I look forward to delving into the book, watching the videos and prepping myself to take on the world of Illustrator with confidence. 

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." — Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment