Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Railroad Museum Of Pennsylvania In Pictures

When I was in my early teens my best friend and I would often take the locale train to Detroit, Michigan.  

His parents would drop us off at a small town train station about 40 miles from Detroit.

My friend’s parents would journey to Detroit about twice a year to attend to some business and afterwards go shopping at one of the large shopping centers in the city.

The Detroit train station was not far from the shopping center and we would walk over from the train station to join my friend’s family once we arrived.

I still remember the thrill of sitting in a passenger car, listening to the clack, clack of the train as it traveled into the city past residences, factories and businesses. This took place in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

I’ve always held a fascination for trains and I am thrilled that Schiffer Publishing sent me a copy of their new small hardbound book (in full color) of The Railroad Museum Of Pennsylvania In Pictures.

Although the book is small it is jam-packed with full-color photos of the trains in the museum.

Closeups and full shots of the interiors and exteriors of trains dating back to the early days of rail transportation are included along with fascinating text about the trains and the history of trains and railroads.

If you are a fan of the rails then you’re sure to love this fascinating book about the mighty machines that changed the face of not only the United States but the world as well.

"Throw all your anxiety onto Him, because He cares about you.” — 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment