Sunday, March 10, 2024

London From The Air

As a kid I never really understood or grasped what England was. 
 
I read and learned about as it pertained to the American Revolutionary War when I was in school.

Other than that it never really interested me. Until I started listening to The Beatles.

I became fascinated with all things English-mostly about London. Piccadilly Square, The Royal Castle, The Tower of London, The London Bridge-it was all fascinating.

I hope to visit London one day. Until then I content myself with Rizzoli/Universal’s London From The Air book, by writer and photographer Jeffrey Milstein.

Breathtaking is the best way to describe the color photos that fill the book.

The deluxe hardbound book, with dust cover, consists of high gloss, coated paper interior pages that really make the photos pop!

The high resolution photos, take from a helicopter, spotlight famous sites in London (and not so famous sites) taken during the day and night.

London really shines at night.

Is it any wonder it is one the most visited cities in the world?

Even from the air the city seems so alive, bustling with activity, serene with its quiet parks and public areas and impressive buildings, skyscrapers, business areas and residential streets.

I feel as if I’ve actually visited the city-I can’t wait to do so in real life.

Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies. Psalm 34:13

No comments:

Post a Comment