Monday, May 21, 2018

The Copyright Guide


Many years ago I went through the process of copyrighting some of my work.

It was confusing, frustrating, time-consuming and a royal pain.

I can only imagine what it must be like now-especially with the proliferation of legal mumbo-jumbo, sue happy lawyers, intellectual property pirates and so forth.

I wish I had author Lee Wilson’s (Attorney-At-Law) book, The Copyright Guide, from Allworth Press.  It would have made things so much easier, less confusing and would have done right the first time.

I recommend anyone who is a would-be author, wants to use other people’s copyright material legally or just wants to put a stop to copyright trolls this is the book for you.

You’ll learn all about copyright: protection, ownership, duration, status, registration, infringement, licensing and selling, recapturing, fair use, permission for use and so much more.

This Fourth Edition is great resource for learning how to protect and profit from your copyright.

There are checklists, form letters, a glossary of terms and other important documents pertaining to copyright that are invaluable.

I highly recommend this book if you’re serious about copyright your work.