Thursday, February 20, 2020

DC Showcase Presents and Marvel Essentials


If you are a veteran comic book collector like myself you probably have some expensive old comic books in your collection.

In the past ten years Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Key comic books have skyrocketed in value.

With the new grading systems prices have risen even further.

For example the classic John Byrne X-men and Neal Adams Green Lantern/Green Arrow titles continue to get expensive.

I have both series and although they are not graded slabs, even the raw issues are pricey.  I don’t have the cash to replace the books so I want to keep the issues I do have in top condition.

How to remedy the situation?  I want to read the books but I don’t want to degrade their condition.

Marvel Comics and DC Comics have clever and inexpensive solutions.

Both Marvel and DC have created a series of black and white reprint soft paperbacks that comprise multiple issues all in one book.


DC Showcase Presents and Marvel Essentials allow reader to enjoy their valuable and key issues stories without degrading their original issues.

The collected issue series are pretty extensive and for less than $20 per book fans can reread their favorite tales without worrying that they are destroying their originals.

I highly recommend both DC Showcase Presents and Marvel Essentials.  Other smaller publishers also have their own issue compilations.

No comments:

Post a Comment