Thursday, February 25, 2021

Peanuts My Busy Books


Hail! Hail! The gang is all here!  

Join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the whole Peanuts gang in Phidal’s Peanuts My Busy Books that includes a storybook, 12 figurines and a playmat.

I’ve always been a big fan of Peanuts.  Although I’m not quite old enough to have read it when it first came out in 1950 (I was born in 1953) I do remember ‘reading’ it when I was about five years old.

It was a big deal back then to read the Sunday Funnies and Peanuts was one of my favorites.

I continued to read Peanuts until its creator Charles Schulz passed away in 2000.  The strip is still being published in newspapers and strip collection books are still being published.  I have several.

The Peanuts My Busy Book is designed for young readers.  Still, It’s one of the neatest Peanuts publications in my collection.

The heavy, glossy paper stock the book is made out of is perfect for young kids and with its flip lid, numerous strip pages inside and extras make it a great Peanuts collectible.

Besides the strip reprints the book also contains 12 small Peanuts figures of Lucy, Linus, Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Woodstock, and Woodstock along with several other figures and familiar objects.

All are colorfully painted, look identical to their 2D cousins and make for great play on the included heavy plastic playmat.  The playmat depict several familiar scenes from the Peanuts strip

All are protected by a slip cover piece of clear plastic with the figurines in one cubby hole and the playmat in another.

The collection of strips, playmat and figurines make for a clever way for kids to see Peanuts in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment