Friday, July 23, 2021

Iron Man #7

Sometimes it does an old timer comic book fan such as myself to take a moment and remember why I got into the hobby of comic book reading and collecting in the first place.

Before all the hubbub about superhero movies, tackling social events, Social Justice Warrior propaganda and over merchandising tie-ins reading comics was all I ever needed.

Occasionally I’ll dig through my old comic books and pick out a Silver Age issues, sit back, flip through its pages and remember what it meant to be a kid caught up in the imaginary world of comic books.

Recently I pulled out an issue of Iron Man #7, pulled out a chair, put my feet up and enjoyed a good old fashioned comic book adventure.

In issue #7 Iron Man tackles The Daredevil villain The Gladiator.

It’s metal against buzz saws as the Golden Avenger dodges The Gladiator's spinning blades with lots of fisticuffs, over-dramatic dialogue and plenty of cornball action.

Ahhh!  It’s like a breath of fresh air!  Modern day concerns melt away as I enjoy a time when things were simpler, easy to understand and still held the promise of endless possibilities.

Marvel Comics' Iron Man #7 may not be Shakespeare but it has a charm and draw all of its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment