Friday, September 30, 2022

Into The Fairy Hill

The Genesis Of Fairy Tales!

Scotland-my ancestors came from Scotland. In fact, there is a McClain castle situated somewhere in Scotland.
 

I few years back I received an invitation to visit the castle and meet some of my faraway relatives.

I’m proud of my Scottish heritage and that’s why I got excited when McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers sent me its new book, Into The Fairy Hill, by author Michael S. Newton. 

Much of the legends and fantasy so popular in American literature, movies and TV had their beginnings in Scottish lore.

In the book classic folktales of the Scottish Highlands are offered in English and in their native language. Pulled from various text and obscure sources they are all classics. 

Discover the world of fierce and determined heroes, heroines and clans, feuds, battles, fairies, trolls and other hidden folk and creatures and more steeped in Scottish culture and lore.

Scotland is a land of mysteries, mysticism and magic. Rugged and beautiful the land challenges its people at every turn.

The Scottish people are a hardy breed: headstrong, passionate and proud of their homeland. 

Perhaps one day I’ll get to visit the home of my ancestors. I can feel their blood coursing through my veins coupled with their indomitable spirit.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment