Saturday, October 15, 2022

Enola Holmes The Graphic Novels Book One

Sherlock Holmes Has A Younger Sister!?

Let me plead innocence, ignorance and being uninformed. I had no idea that the PBS TV mini series Enola Holmes was based on the Enola Holmes novels by Nancy Springer.

I love the PBS TV series. It is great fun with an intriguing storyline, lots of action and humor.

Shame on me. I plan on reading the young adult novels. In the meantime I’ll settle for Serena Blasco and Andrews McMeel Publishing’s Enola Holmes Graphic Novel series, starting with Book One.

I absolutely love the art of Serena Blasco. Tanya Gold provides the translation into English. Partly ink, partly watercolor that illustrations really capture the look and feel of the time period the novels are set in.

Enola stands out with her brilliant red hair and the artist’s talent for shifting and moving the various viewpoints and mastery of costumes, settings and locations really make reading the stories a delight. 

Three Enola Holmes novels are adapted including The Case Of The Missing Marquess, The Case Of Left-Handed Lady and The Case Of The Bizarre Bouquets.

Join Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ younger 14-year old sister Enola as she proves time and again that she is just as brilliant, resourceful and cunning as her two older siblings. 

Also included in the book are Secret Notebook observations and illustrations and book covers.

My grand-kids are too young to appreciate the graphic novels but I plan on holding onto them to give them to them when they get older.

Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV) “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment