Sunday, December 4, 2022

Christmas Wish List


At this time of year nearly everyone has their own 'Wish List' of things they want for Christmas. 

I'm no exception. So I thought I'd share my list by priority.

  • I pray that all of my family and friends would accept Jesus Christ as their savior and get saved.  
Christmas is a celebration of Christ's birth.  What better gift to give someone than salvation and the wonderful hope of spending eternity with Jesus?
  • I pray God will show me how to use my talents to serve him to see people saved.

Now as to material wants:

  • A new laptop and tablet
  • A bigger audience for my reviews
  • A consistent and varied supply of review items
  • Old comic books, toys and collectibles
  • Comic book, magazine and collectible supplies
  • The eventual sale of my collectibles so that the money goes to my family and church
  • A generator/inverter
  • A back-up power supply for my computer
  • Bookcases
  • Shelves
  • Large toolboxes with wheels
  • Wheel platforms
  • A handgun with a holster and concealed weapons permit

I'm sure there are other items, but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Quite a list.  But, I figure I might as well ask big-you never know.

Regardless if I do or do not receive any of the material 'want' items, I leave the final outcome to God.  I've discovered over my lifetime that it's best to leave the details to God.  After all, he knows all, owns all and knows what I need or do not need.

I already have the greatest gift of all: the assurance of my salvation and eternal life.  Who could ask for anything more? 

God said to ask Him for needs and wants and to trust him.  It's entirely up to Him what happens.  

I do not abide by the 'name it and claim it' Christianity that is so prevalent today.  It's a false doctrine.

Any and everything I ask for needs to glorify God.

I hope and pray that the above material items I asked for can be used to spread the message of salvation, be it through reviews, giving, etc.

The salvation of my family and friends is the priority and also as to how I can serve Him.

Read below what God says about asking for things:

  • Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. – John 14:13–14
  • If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. – John 15:7
  • I chose and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. – John 15:16.

 


 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment