Monday, August 28, 2023

Secret London

Ever since my son and his wife visited London, England and told me about their great time there I’ve wanted to visit it.

To walk the streets of London, visit Piccadilly Square, ride the giant Ferris wheel and tour the museums are things I’ve dreamt of doing.

But more than that I want to get to know the locals. I want to eat at small restaurants and pubs, walk through residential areas and see areas few tourists ever venture to.

If you’re like me and want to avoid the big city tourist attractions and to really get to know London and its people then the Secret London An Unusual Guide by authors Rachel Howard and Bill Nash, along with Jonglez Publishing, offers the perfect solution.

This small softbound paperback book is jammed packed with information and pictures about some of the quirky oddities, historical locations, museums, eateries and other lesser known and visited attractions most tourists never see.

Visit the House of Dreams, scout out places the famous people go, go monster hunting in Trafalgar Square, climb up a bell tower and explore the backstreets, tucked away historical sites, hidden gems and strange and fascinating oddities.

London has so much to offer, with hidden treasures and an exciting locations to explore.

So, take a taxi, jump on a shuttle or just backpack it and have a jolly good time.

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." — Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment