Tuesday, January 29, 2013

POSER DEBUT


Finally! A 3D animation program that I can wrap my mind around!  Don't get me wrong, I love 3D animation, but producing it taxes my brain cells.


I'm a 2D kind of guy and I have trouble thinking and designing in 3D.  I'm not stupid, but 2D and 3D never the twain shall meet.


In the past I've found 3D programs either to be too difficult to use and requiring a long learning curve or too simplified and restricted on what they can do.


There are some great programs out there.  The only problem is I simply do not have the time it takes to learn them.  


POSER DEBUT from SmithMicro Software is a real joy to use.  It's simple to use and turns out killer results is a short time.  Menus are designed so you don't have to have and engineering degree to know what they mean.


You can start immediately by choosing from over 70 ready-to-use characters,  Simply drag and drop figures onto the stage, cloth them, modify them, choose hair and facial expressions, select lighting effects, place them in a scene you have built from pre-constructed elements, render them, animate them and viola! 


Before you know it you've produced high-quality animated sequences that you can post and share with your friends via websites or community networks.


POSER DEBUT is easy-to-learn using its Project Guide and tutorials.  Animation is a snap. Select humans, animals, aliens and even skeletons to animate. Add props, backgrounds, clothing and render them all photo realistically, in cartoon or sketch mode, silhouette and Flash. 
I can't wait to share POSER DEBUT with my Commercial Art students. 

 I've been searching for years to find an 3D program students can grasp and use.  POSER DEBUT fits the bill!