Saturday, January 16, 2021

100 Dream Cars The Best Of My Ride

I was born and raised in the small town of Milford, Michigan just stone’s throw away from Detroit, Michigan: the car capital of the world-at least at that time.

My entire family worked for the auto industry (I was the only exception). My oldest brother Jim and Rich the youngest brother next to me worked in factories that produced car components.

My second oldest brother Dallas was an engineer at Pontiac Motors, a division of GM Motors.

We all loved cars, especially Dallas.  I knew nothing about how to work on a car, but I did appreciate the beauty of the design of each-maybe that’s why I became a graphic designer.

Milford was the home of the GM Proving Grounds.  I was not uncommon to see futuristic prototypes on the track and sometime cruising though Milford.

Of all the cars I saw growing up I always dreamed of owning was a 1957 Ford Thunderbird.  I still do.

In 100 Dream Cars The Best Of My Ride, written by A.J. Baime, with a foreword by Mario Andretti and published by Rizzoli, owners of classic cars (and other mechanized transportation) tell their stories and showcase their dream cars, etc, that they own.

What makes this oversize hardbound and jacketed book especially enjoyable is the huge gallery of color photos-not just of vintage pricey cars but common cars as well.

Inside readers get to read about and see trucks, scooters, motorcycles, military vehicles, race cars, formula 1 Cars, domestic and foreign cars and even miniature racetrack cars and cars made for a specific purpose-such as for a disabled person.

What an amazing gallery of automobiles and transportation filled with close-up shots, interiors, exteriors and full body shots-many in their environment they are best suited for.

If you love cars that ordinary people own, along with the rich and famous, this book is cornucopia of four wheel-mechanized magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment