Friday, November 12, 2021

Ollie’s Ten Comics Books For A Little Over $6!


Ollie’s does it again!

A few days ago my wife and I went shopping at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet.  We were there to take advantage of a 15% Off Discount Coupon Ollie’s mailed us.

As my wife traversed the store I contented myself looking at the books-specifically the comic book and graphic novel section.

I spotted several 10 DC Comics for $6.99 packets.  There looked to be some real gems enclosed.

Nether one of us wound up buying anything but a couple days later I visited my local used bookstore where I had some credit.  I cashed it out and took some of the money and bought one of the packs of comic books at Ollie's.

With my discount and counting tax I only paid a little over $6!

Boy, am I glad I did!  You will not believe what I got!

Without going into detail on each title I’ll just provide a list:

  • Action Comics #1000 80-Page Giant-$7.99 Retail
  • Superman Leviathan Rising #1-$9.99 Retail
  • Batman Detective Comics #1000 Landmark Issue-$9.99 Retail
  • The Joker 80th Anniversary 100 Page Super Spectacular (Jim Lee Variant cover) $9.99 Retail
  • Wonder Woman Diana Princes As Wonder Woman 60s #750 (J. Scott Campbell Variant cover)-$9.99 Retail
  • Nightwing #75 Extra-Sized Anniversary Issue!-$5.99 Retail
  • 3 DC Dollar Comics:
  • Batman #13 Death Of The Family
  • Watchmen #1
  • Batman Hush #608
  • DCeased Unkillables #3-$4.99 Retail


The total original retail cost of the ten issues is: $61.93.  Not bad for just over $6!

It’s like I tell both veteran and newbie comic book collectors, “If you wait long enough eventually ‘hot’ comic books come down in price.”

With a little pertinence you can pick old comic books at yard sales and garage sales (or in this case a discount store) for a fraction of the cost of what it being asked online or in stores.

Job 19:25 (NKJV) “For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;”


No comments:

Post a Comment