Sunday, May 5, 2024

The Calvin and Hobbes Portable Compendium Volume 1


Little boys (and girls) and their imaginary friends. They’re inseparable. 

I should know. I used to be a little boy and I had lots of imaginary friends. My son did. My grandson and granddaughter do too.

That’s the magic behind Bill Watterson’s Calvin and Hobbes daily and Sunday comic strip.

Sold as a set, Andrew McMeels’ The Calvin and Hobbes Portable Compendium Voume 1 slipcase contains two softbound books with images printed horizontal inside.

Bill Watterson only produced Calvin and Hobbes for 10 years. Once that time was up, so was the strip.

Interestingly enough Watterson never allowed his creation to be commercialized with toys and other collectibles. Any images featuring the characters people may see round and about (including a rather rude image of Calvin) are not sanctioned by Watterson.

If you love Calvin and Hobbes as much as I do having portable collections of black and white daily strips and Sunday color strips make enjoying the unique and hilarious cast of characters even more fun.

You can take them anywhere!

The Compendium also makes for a great gift.

Who wouldn’t love a little Calvin and Hobbes as a birthday present or as a surprise under their Christmas tree!?

Every time I read the strips (trust me, I’ve reread them a lot of times) I still manage to find something funny, poignant and relevant.

So what are you waiting for? Get your Calvin and Hobbes fix! After all, isn’t there a little bit of both in all of us!

The slip cased Compendium is shrink-wrapped and printed on high-quality paper stock that really makes the images clear and perfectly presented.

Psalms 55:22 - Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment