Tuesday, November 22, 2022

101 Things You Should Know About James Bond 007


I own and have read a lot of books about James Bond. I consider myself a semi-expert on the spy with the license to kill.

I also have all of the Bond movies and an impressive James Bond trading card and toy collection.

But, nothing prepared me for author Michael Dorflinger’s new 101 Things You Should Know About James Bond 007 book from Schiffer Publishing.

I was put in my place! That will teach me to be a know-it-all!

The book, although relatively small is so jam-packed with James Bond facts, fables, myths and information, accompanied by hundreds of black and white photos (some I’ve never seen before) that it boggles the mind!

Everything you could possibly want to know about James Bond is in this book.

Just look at the categories:

  • The creator
  • The books and films
  • The actors
  • The villains
  • The Bond girls
  • The cars
  • The gadgets
  • And much, much more...

Long-held Bond secrets are revealed all in chronological order starting with Bond’s author Ian Fleming through 101 chapters.

From novels, to short stories to films that Fleming wrote or did not write, the book covers everything about Bond.

Every entry is color-coded to identify the actors that played Bond and to locate their gadgets easily.

I was amazed at the amount of information the book held about Bond that I did not know. If you are a James Bond fan then this book is a definite ‘have-to-have’ item.

Just like James Bond himself the book is far more than it appears to be. It is an enjoyable read and a real treat for the eyes with its many photos.

Extra note: be sure to check out the Aston Martin DB5 original schematics reproduction fold-ins in the front and back of the book.

 Psalm 118:24 (NIV) “The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment