Saturday, February 24, 2024

Repeating And Multi-Fire Weapons

Like any Baby Boomer young boy I loved playing with toys guns.

After all TV Westerns, War movies, Detective shows and Crime comic books were extremely popular. Little boys ate them up and I was no exception.

I still like guns. I have several. but to as to how they work, their history and so forth I am totally in the dark. Until now.

Author Gerald Prenderghast and McFarland & Company, Inc. Publishers new book: Repeating And Multi-Fire Weapons A History From The Zhuge Crossbow Through The AK-47 contains all the information I need to understand, appreciate and use various firearms.

Beginning with an extremely helpful glossary the book chronicles the history of repeating and multi-fire weapons beginning with the crossbow then continues through pre-black power, black powder, steam guns, oddities, smokeless powder, self-loading, machine guns and so forth.

Included with the weapon descriptions and histories is other information such as the caliber of bullets, stats, prices and more.

The book provides a very comprehensive examination of the weapons. There’s a lot to learn and I can’t wait until I go through each and every weapon description.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." — Isaiah 43:2

No comments:

Post a Comment