Sunday, February 18, 2024

Visible V-8 Engine


I can’t believe Revell Model Kits sent it to me to review! It’s like a dream come true.

As a kid one of my best friends had Revell’s Visible V-8 Engine model kit. I thought it was so cool!

Imagine assembling a model kit that is clear so you can see its inner workings. You can see the engine operate!

A stand comes with the engine along with a hand crank that lets you operate the engine manually. A simple turn of the crank and the crankshaft, pistons and values move!

I always wanted one from the first time I saw it and now I have one. Who says wishes don’t come true?

There are 11 part trees in gray, white, black and clear. The color designations allow modelers to easily assemble the entire engine using the instructions and coinciding numbers listed on the parts.

A screwdriver, hex nuts, short and long round head screws, a fan belt, vinyl tubing and a coiled spring are also included.

The HUGE model kit comes in a heavy duty cardboard box with a full color photo of the engine on its lid. Side panels show photos of various parts of the engine along with specs.


Other features include a rubber fan belt that operates the generator, pulleys and fan. The fuel pump has a operating activator and a clear fuel bowl, the distributor and coil wires assemble in actual firing order and a starter and solenoid mount on a flywheel housing. 

It moves and operates like an actual V-8 engine and you can see it all courtesy of the clear engine parts!

Model makers ages 13 years old and older with Level 5 experience are graded to assemble the model. Glue is required as well as the ability to assemble parts with screws. Paint is optional.

At 1:4 Scale the engine measures 12 inches long. I can’t wait to see it work!

I never was much of a mechanic, unlike my older brothers. I wish I knew more about engines. The Visible V-8 Engine model kit will help me understand the complexity of an internal combustion, gas powered engine.

I may have my grandson help me put it together. What a great way to learn things together!

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." — John 3:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment