Monday, February 19, 2024

The Avengers

I remember the very first issue of The Avengers by Marvel Comics that I read. 

It was issue #4 when The Avengers discovered the frozen body of Captain America in the ice.

I was so enthralled by the issue that I went back and bought the first three issues of The Avengers to catch up on the super group’s adventures.

This was back in the days when comic books tended to stay on the newsstands for long periods of time. It was easier to find earlier issues.

Just imagine how excited I was to purchase a comic book that had ALL of the major Marvel Comics heroes in one title. A whole new world of adventure opened up for me.

It was like magic.

Author Rich Johnson and Rizzoli/Universe has captured some of that magic in their new book: The Avengers: Heroes, Icons, Assembled.

This gorgeous, oversize, hardbound book has a beautiful color cover painting featuring Thor, Captain America and Ironman, Avengers' member indicia on the inside front and back inside covers and a full color group shot on the back cover.

A two-page color painting spread by Alex Ross starts things off then writer Mark Waid provides the foreword.

Inside full color, interior and cover art, accompanied by text, examines secret origins, the various Avengers teams, villains, missions, crossovers, epic sagas and every conceivable incident starring or co-starring the various Avengers members.

What a feast for the eyes! The colors really pop on the high-gloss interior paper-stock pages.

Longtime Avengers and Marvel Comics fans and newcomers will love the jam-packed pages of illustrations and art along with the informative text.

I thought I knew a lot about The Avengers but after looking at and reading this book I’ve come to realize I have a lot to learn.

“Avengers Assemble!”

"For I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm." — Jonah 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment