I love chocolate! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate-you name it I love it.
I have so many wonderful chocolate memories: a big solid chocolate Easter Bunny, chocolate ice cream on my birthday, going to the candy store and loading up on all sorts of chocolate goodies, Valentine chocolate and so forth-it’s a veritable chocolate wonderland.
I recall years ago when my wife and I were living in the Fort Worth/Dallas metropolitan area we were out shopping at a local mall. There was a smell-a wonderful aroma.
We walked around a corner in the mall and it was like something out of a dream! There it was a chocolate shop! So many goodies! We both gained a couple of pounds that day.
I’d like to do something a little different this review. In previous reviews I’ve gone into detail and step-by-step on how I go about assembling Rolife kits.
In this review I’d like to talk about why I like Rolife kits and what attracted them to me. I’ll get into Henry’s Chocolate kit a little later on.
I like organization and planning. I appreciate logic, quality work and high standards when it comes to professionalism.
When I first spotted Rolife kits in a local Michael’s store I was immediately struck by their incredible detail. I was blown away by how realistic everything looked in even such a small scale. Having come from a graphic design background I am very familiar with product design, print production and promotion.
Looking at the open and assembled Rolife kits on display I could not help but be impressed by the printing and design of such simple things as packaging and accessories in the small room reproductions. Signs, packaging, wall and floor textures and colors were spot-on and the overall ‘feel’ of individual settings was perfect.
Nostalgic kitchens felt old, bookstores exuded shaded niches and warm earth tones and shops felt well-lite and open. Everything seemed to fit with whatever setting was recreated.
Miniature 3D printed accessories were perfect right down to every little detail. Furniture, lighting, wall decorations, windows, and doors-everything worked.
When it came to the packaging the Rolife kit boxes provide full-color photos of the enclosed kits, on the back of each box are full specs as it pertains to age assembly ranges, what the kits pieces are made of, safety instructions, assembling instructions and much more.
Once opened everything in boxes are either sealed in plastic or in plastic bags. Parts are numbered and the numbers coincide with the numbers in the step-by-step Instructions.
Rolife’s Henry’s Chocolate is a small cozy corner shop jam- packed with so much chocolate that your taste buds will burst just by looking at it and you can almost smell the chocolate aroma.
Candies and confections of all sorts spill over and fill the front and back shelves and small tables.
The shop’s walls are painted in soft yellow and white enhanced by rough cut stoneware and accented by the wood overhead open ceiling, the checkerboard floor and decorated shelves, the floor borders, the framed artwork, the candy boxes filled wall shelves, the fall floral, the signs, the candy containers, the boxes, trays and loose displays, a decorative urn, an antique cash register and baskets, boxes and other paraphernalia.
Chocolate, chocolate everywhere! All the chocolate goodies look so real you can almost taste them. Miniatures of plastic, paper and wood are perfect in their details including package text and images, shop decor and all the lit nooks and crannies filled with chocolate goodies.
When it comes to assembling any kit I take my time, check my Instructions, make sure all the parts are included, go over the lighting instructions (batteries are not included) and assemble my tools. I’ve included a photo of the tools I use. Tweezers and a Phillips screwdriver are included in the kit.
Henry’s Chocolate kit (like all of Rolife’s kits) has all of its components separated by type.
Henry’s Chocolate box contents include a Material List, Instructions with fully illustrated pages in color providing step-by-step assembly instructions, an Icon Illustration pamphlet, Product Safety instructions, sticker sheets, folded paper sheets, an electric light and wiring and a tools bag, two 3D accessories bags, a shrink-wrapped package with small wood part flats and large shrink-wrapped large wood parts flat.
Rolife kits are a great way to increase your eye-to-hand coordination, develop cognitive and assembly skills, follow instructions, think three-dimentionally and if assembled by two or more people a great way to work as a team and cooperate and develop social skills. Family and friends will love it.
To see what other Rolife kits are available click here. For photos and a video of Henry’s Chocolate click here and to see what Rolife’s parent company Robotime click here. So many kits!
Psalms 55:22Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.







No comments:
Post a Comment