Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Uncle Scrooge Clan Duck Stories And Glories

When I was a young boy my mom and I would often visit the local Goodwill and Salvation Army stores.

She would shop around for cloths and the like and I would head off to the book section where both stores kept racks of comic books priced at two for five cents.

This was in the late 1950s and early 1960s. The comic books were all donated to the stores and many dated back to the 1940s.

One of my favorite comic book series starred Donald Duck and his nephews: Huey, Dewey and Louie. I loved their adventures as written and drawn by Carl Barks.

I distinctly remember when Donald’s stingy old Uncle Scrooge was introduced. At first I didn’t like him because it seemed all he cared about was making money. 

But the more I read about him I discovered he had a genuine love for Donald and his nephews. Often they would go on globe-spanning adventures looking for hidden treasures or other exciting exploits.

In Fantagraphic Books’ Uncle Scrooge Clan McDuck Stories And Glories readers get to learn all about Scrooge McDuck’s ancestry through a series of tales written and drawn by Disney artists and writers from around the globe.

Each tale is unique in its style and the coloring is phenomenal throughout.

The deluxe hardbound book, with a picture of Clan McDuck ancestors on the cover, really showcases what readers can expect throughout the book.

Follow Scrooge’s family history beginning with a family tree and proceeding into tales of fiefdom, piracy, adventures at sea, a case of a double life, swamp shenanigans, military mayhem and treasure.

All are exciting, full of little and/or never known facts about Clan McDuck and enough adventure and excitement to fill any afternoon or evening with literary and graphic design adventures.

It’s a beautifully crafted book with its heavy paper-stock cover, top grade printing, excellent choice of interior paper stock and a diverse gallery of art styles.

Proverbs 17:6Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment