Tuesday, September 15, 2026

The Universe Box

Five time Hugo Award winning author Michael Swanwick’s new collection of stories in The Universe Box from Tachyon Publications combines magic and science fiction that mix myth and legend.

I’ve never read any of Michael’s books and I wasn’t sure what to expect.

As I read through the book two things struck me about his writing-it is unique and unconventional. That’s good.

He has the uncanny ability to immediately grab a reader’s attention within a few paragraphs into each story. I felt as if I knew the characters and settings after just a few words and was immersed in the stories almost immediately.

The author is extremely inventive and proficient in a wide rage of story genres.

Whether dealing with time travel, magic, mystical themes or AI Michael draws readers in using minimal words and yet somehow fully descriptive.

His writing style reminds me of of some of the anthologies written by Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov and other masters of science fiction and fantasy.

The author has a knack for mysteries, adventure tales and haunting, scary and unsettling stories.

I intend to search out and read other books by the author.

Psalms 34:4I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment