Saturday, September 12, 2026

US Tank Tactics In World War II

As a kid I loved watching Hollywood movies about World War II. I especially liked films about Tanks. I thought it was so cool to be able to drive around battlefield, fire off the tank’s cannon and be safe and secure in my little metal box.

Boy, was I wrong. Tank life was anything but pleasant. It was hot, claustrophobic, taxing, dangerous and exhausting.

In US Tank Tactics In World War II, written by Steven J. Zaloga with illustrations by Steve Noon and published by Osprey Publishing, the history of tanks during WWII is examined along with tactics used during the war years, different campaigns in Europe, in the Pacific and Africa, difficult terrains and weather conditions, the challenges, personnel, victories and defeats accompanied by archival photos and full-color illustrations.

Tank warfare during WWII was more than aim and fire. It involved humans pushed to their physical and mental limits.

2 Timothy 1:7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment