Saturday, June 29, 2024

The Calvin And Hobbes Portable Compendium Books 3-4

When I was a kid I had all sorts of imaginary friends. In my case they were all characters from TV shows starring grown men. 

My father died when I was only four years old and as with any young boy I wanted a strong male roll model.

Characters like James T. Kirk, Jim West, Batman, Illya Kuryakin and others helped me establish my male identity.

Later on in my life real men took their place.

In Andrews McMeel Publishings’ The Calvin And Hobbes Portable Compendium Books 3 & 4, by artist/writer Bill Watterson, young Calvin’s imaginary companion is a tiger by the name of Hobbes.

Together the duo manage to befuddle Calvin’s mom, dad, friends, teachers and other adults and children with their mischievous pranks, unusual antics and downright bizarre opinions and takes on life.

It’s a delightful compilation of Watterson’s daily and Sunday comic strips from March 1987 to July 1988.

Although Watterson only wrote and drew the strip for ten years the legacy of Calvin and Hobbes lives on and is just relevant and funny today as it was decades ago.

Relive your childhood, its innocence and unique perspective on life.

Colossians 3:14 - And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

No comments:

Post a Comment