Monday, July 8, 2024

Shooting Handguns

I own a handgun. It’s an old 22 target pistol left to me by my father-in-law. I’ve fired it a few times. I am far from an expert with handguns.

I take it with me when we go on vacation as a safety precaution while traveling. It stays holstered with extra ammo.

I’ve yet to take it out while away from home. However I need to learn how to properly use it. It’s a long barrel model. I’d prefer a smaller handgun. I’m looking into purchasing one.

I believe, just like learning how to drive a car, that I need to know how to properly use a handgun.

In authors Gregory M. & Stephen D.Weir’s book: Shooting Handguns, published by Schiffer (Military) Publishing, readers are given an introductory guide to shooting safely and effectively.

It’s just the book I need!

Inside are instructions on selecting a handgun, the anatomy of handguns, and how to properly clean a handgun.

Sections demonstrate how to use a handgun, different types of bullets and calibers, safety precautions, the proper stance, holding, firing and target practice.

Full-color photos and illustrations lead readers along making it easy to understand and how to properly use a handgun.

It’s a great resource for beginners, a quick catch-up for veteran handgun users and a great reference source for identifying handguns, ammo and so forth.

Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment