Monday, August 3, 2026

Sakura Pavilion


I’ve always wanted to visit a Japanese pavilion-especially a pavilion surrounded by cherry trees in full bloom.

I’m not sure why. Maybe its the romanticism. Or perhaps the opportunity to visit another country and observe long-held traditions and a chance to visit the past.

Regardless, I think it would be so cool to walk up its steps, marvel at the incredible architecture and soak up the ambiance.

I can imagine myself under the shade of the pavilion’s overhanging roof, view some ancient ritual and smell the cherry blossoms.

Just look at the Rolife Sakura Pavilion’s setting among the twin, cherry blossom trees. Picture yourself walking on the upper or lower floor decks and marveling at the curved roofs, ancient steps, walkway railings and shuttered windows,

Examine the intricate details on the roof beams, floor slats, doorways and windows and the four-leg pedestal the pavilion rests upon.

Just feel the ancient spirits of the place and the centuries old traditions and rituals held within its walls.

It seems every time I look at any Rolife Kit once completed I keep finding more details. I am amazed at the attention to detail, 3D printing, color application, laser die-cutting and print quality.

Like with all of Rolife’s Kits be sure to have tweezers, a flat-head screwdriver, a pointed tool, a strong light, a magnifying device, liquid glue and a brush, an X-Acto knife and a lot of patience when assembling the Pavilion.


The Sakura Pavilion kit comes in a small box with a full-color photo of the Pavilion on its front. On the back of the box are recommendations and specs.

The kit is recommended for those 14 years old and older, consists of 235 pieces, requires no glue and should take about three hours to complete.

Inside the box are eight wooden slats in varying colors (browns and reddis, orange), Product Safety Instructions, an Icon Illustrations sheet and an Instruction sheet.

The Instruction sheet reminds me of the maps I used to get at garage stations. It folds out to a large size and like the maps presents a challenge to fold back to a smaller size. Boy, does that bring back memories!

The entire kit consists of wood and the various pieces that pop-out easily from their slats. Just follow the Instructions and never remove more parts than you need.

I suggest using a flat-head screwdriver to pop-out parts and tweezers to manipulate the smaller pieces.


The kit goes together easily but does require time, good eye-to-hand coordination and dexterity. I needed to use a magnifying glass for the smaller parts.

All the parts are numbered by slats and individual parts coinciding with the Instructions.

I started to build the kit and decided to wait until when my grand-kids come over so they can help me with it. Good family time.

Being as the kit consists of just wooden part slats it will be easier for them to help build it. Too many varying parts and they get confused. It should be fun.

For more photos and a video of the Pavilion click here. For other kits by Rolife click here and to see Robotime’s other kits by clicking here.

Psalms 34:4I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.


No comments:

Post a Comment