Saturday, August 1, 2026

The Fantastic Detective Notebook

I’m a child of the 1960s and 1970s although I was born in the mid-1950s. My mother was a reader-she read everything: Westerns, Crime/Detective, Science Fiction, Fantasy-you name-she read it.

I inherited my mom’s love of books, although I leaned more toward Fantasy, Science Fiction and Detective/Crime. I especially like when genres mixed it up and combined. For example Science Fiction and Crime novels.

It was the best of both worlds. I can’t begin to tell you how many of those types of books I read.

In Stark House Reference’s The Fantastic Detective Notebook, by Gary Lovisi, (originally published in a limited edition 40 years ago) I was able to look back at many of the novels of that mixed genre I read (some I was not familiar with) and get a quick lowdown on the authors of the books, see cover illustrations and paintings, the dates of publication, short story breakdowns and more.

What a delight-I’d forgotten so many of them! It was a real treat to see the covers reproduced in full-color and to recall some great stories.

For those who love a unique mixing of genres this book is a great reference source and visual treat.

Even better, the author has updated the book from is original version and has included more mixed genre books all the way up to present time.

What a great way to enjoy the past and present simultaneously!

Romans 15:13Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment